exactly is an HD-Ready TV

DVD, DVHS, D-Theater, Broadcast HDTV, SACD, DVD-Audio, CD.
odette

exactly is an HD-Ready TV

Postby odette » 28 Oct 2013, 03:28

What exactly is an HD-Ready TV? I plan on buying a Playstation 3 when it comes out and want to buy a high definition TV with it and I saw on Bestbuy's website that I can get a 20" flat panel HD-Ready TV for $400. So I am wondering what exactly HD-Ready means. Because it has the true HD resolution (1080p) and I just want to make sure that I can watch my DirecTV and play the PS3 in High Definition.

eliwhitney
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: exactly is an HD-Ready TV

Postby eliwhitney » 28 Oct 2013, 12:10

FOR: { odette }

Just my own, (1) opinion, from quite an assortment of experiences over the past decade ...

* ..it's totally a waste-of-time, as well as $$$, to ever expect to "see/experience" the immersion effects of 1080p HDTV upon such a tiny display pane size! ....and, I am NOT confusing this phenomena with that of 3D, with or w/o Special Glasses, whatsoever!!

* ... You need to consider MUCH, MUCH larger display Panels! Minimum depends upon whether arm's Length viewing (eyes-to-display panel) ... OR much greater distance, naturally!

* ... with Global Plasma Panel Production apparently ceasing soon { estimated to be by late March 2014}, there are Great Buys already on these by both Panasonic and Samsung! .... [..never, ever consider the 'Other' third brand, in my opinion!]

eli

eliwhitney
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: exactly is an HD-Ready TV

Postby eliwhitney » 28 Oct 2013, 12:15

P.S { odette }

A) - At this very late point-in-time, there's ZERO need of considering a {HD-READY} set! .... that was back in late 2006, etc..

B) - Just buy a normal, 1920 X 1080 Native Resolution HDTV set <a.k.a. = full HD> and connect your Playstation to any of the available 'Ports' w/ a certified, web-sourced HDMI Cable @ about $10 including shipping and Voila` .... you'll be Off-to-the-Races!!

eli

Return to “Now Playing for your HD System!”