philips HDTV LCD 50PFL370

Looking for help with a broken product?
tkirk

philips HDTV LCD 50PFL370

Postby tkirk » 13 Jul 2013, 18:09

So in this thread I have attached a photo of the problem. I have a philips HDTV LCD 50PFL3707. On random occasions, the screen will have red static where most blacks should be, and does not go away for at least 5-10 minutes until the picture returns to normal. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem or if we should just replace the tv.

eliwhitney
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: philips HDTV LCD 50PFL370

Postby eliwhitney » 14 Jul 2013, 03:49

tkirk

As you may already be aware AND, therefore, one of the reasons for your 'Posting' .... (Philips Corp) loooong ago went out of / left the residential HDTV business.

In so doing, the 'Brand Name' was sold-off to essentially one of the many Asian third or perhaps forth tier sort of mass-assemblers! This made obtaining after-warranty Service quite an Issue.

Doubtful that any of your local but Independent TV Repair Shops will consider 'touching' that set! {Getting appropriate schematics & components w/b problematic!}

Self-repairing is NOT an Option for any novice, as there are retained Voltages amongst the 'Innards' which could very seriously Injure!

Time to shop for another HDTV, which are widely-available from either of the two Main Suppliers of Plasma Sets now @ under $400! - - - - eli

eliwhitney
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: philips HDTV LCD 50PFL370

Postby eliwhitney » 15 Nov 2013, 09:12

To & For: rofuwaffe

"Just-A-Thought !!''

Since that {'Philips' Brand Name} is actually a misnomer for the USA Market and Has Been Now for a few years ...{ Philips Electronics actually abandoned the Residential USA HDTV Segment & 'leased' that Name-only to One of the lowest of the Asian Mass-Assemblers}} ..... No Local Repair Shop will have the requisite Schematics {a.k.a. = detailed, electronic blueprints, with values, etc..}!!

That "HDTV" will STILL Be well-beyond sensible, Economical Repair & w/o any warranty whenever you get it back! {E.G. = "the new Problem IS an Entirely-different Issue than what I dealt with, so my '30 Day Workmanship' doesn't apply".....}

Scrap it and start anew .... Never has been an extremely-great 'HD' performer, anyway!

....Black Friday Sales as well as pre-sales ARE making brand-new, legitimate, 1st Tier HDTVs within Everybody's ($$$) reach!
eli

Return to “Service and Repair Forum”