Review Toshiba DLP RPTV 44NHM84

Product reviews
HD Library
Librarian

Review Toshiba DLP RPTV 44NHM84

Postby HD Library » 17 May 2005, 00:41

By Richard Fisher

Due to the graphical nature of this column you may experience delays as the images are being downloaded.

DLP is one of the more exciting fixed pixel display technologies on the market creating quite a stir for consumer and videophile alike. Like any technology though the key is its implementation and while a Texas Instruments DLP may look fantastic in brand X it may not be doing so well with brand Z. While the technology and capability is there it is still upon the design and engineering staff of each manufacturer to properly implement it. DLP by it

fransis

Re: Review Toshiba DLP RPTV 44NHM84

Postby fransis » 05 Sep 2011, 23:20

Just got a Toshiba 44NHM84 DLP RPTV five days ago. Demo HDTV cable signal they had on the TV in the store looked great, bright colors, sharp. . . .HOWEVER, after getting it home and calibrating the thing twice (using the Avia/Ovation home theater DVD), I have to say I am sorely disappointed in its low-light level performance. I mean, really really disappointed. It is essentially un-watchable in low-light scenes.

Of course, bright scenes, sporting events, and really really well lit 720p shows are truly stunning, I readily admit (and like). In such well-lit scenes, colors and sharpness are breathtaking. But this black level / low light / shadow detail problem is so distracting in ANY low light scene, that it really makes the set un-watchable. Who wants to buy a TV that effectively eliminates the watching of anything with low light? Well, I don't.

Return to “Waveform Review”